Entrepreneurs often come to seeking advice on wether or not they are (still) operating within the right company type. The answer to this question is not clear-cut and depends on the wishes and demands of the concerning entrepreneur and company. In most cases a sole proprietorship is a sound solution for start-ups from a tax perspective because of the numerous start-up (tax) incentives. However the preceding sole proprietorship does not have to be the best solution from a liability perspective due to the lack of separation between personal and business assets.
The popular VOF company can be interesting from a tax perspective, however most of the times the joint liability of the partners is overlooked. The Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) does not have the disadvantages of joint liability yet retains most tax advantages and may provide a proper alternative to the VOF.
We have experience in the incorporation of (almost) all possible domestic and foreign types of company. We would like to use our expertise to assist you in making your choice(s). Some of the company types incorporated by us or with our help are stated below:
- Eenmanszaak (English: Sole Properietorship)
- Vennootschap onder Firma (VOF) (English: Partnership)
- Commanditaire Vennootschap (C.V.) (English: Limited Partnership)
- Coöperatie Uitgesloten Aansprakelijkheid (U.A.) (English: Co-operative society)
- Besloten Vennootschap (B.V.) (English: Limited Liability Company)
- Stichting (English: Foundation)
- Stichting Administratiekantoor (English: Trust)
- Société à Résponsabilté Limitée (SàRL) (English: Limited Liability Company)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Limited Liability Company (Ltd.)
- Société de Gestion de Patrimoine Familial Luxembourg (SPF)
Please refer to this section for more in-depth information on various company types or contact / call us.